Title: All Gummed UpStudio: ColumbiaShort Number: 103
Release Date: December 8, 1947
Running Time: 18:07
“It’s tremendous!” It’s colossal!” It’s putrid!”
(Moe, Larry and Shemp)
All Gummed Up Short Take
In All Gummed Up The Three Stooges are owners of the Cut Throat Drug Store, but their crabby old landlord Amos Flint wants them out after 10 years after making a better deal with the Pinch Penny Market. Flint’s wife shows up while he’s telling the Stooges, and he dumps her because she’s gotten old. The boys take her in, and Shemp gets the brilliant idea to invent a Fountain of Youth to make old people young again. Beyond all expectations they actually succeed, turning Mrs. Flint back into a gorgeous young woman!
All Gummed Up Cast & Crew
|Directed by||Jules White|
|Produced by||Jules White|
|Written by||Felix Adler|
|Cinematography||Allen G. Siegler|
|Edited by||Edwin H. Bryant|
- This entry is one of the few to present the trio as competent and respectable professionals, as opposed to incompetent blue-collar laborers.
- There a total of 76 face slaps in All Gummed Up.
- All Gummed Up was filmed from April 23–24, 1947.
- All Gummed Up was remade in 1953 as Bubble Trouble, using ample recycled footage from the original. Ironically, the remake is considered to have a better story flow than the original.
- The working title was Sweet Vita-Mine. The Stooges first worked in a drug store in Pardon My Scotch, and there, too, they concocted a miraculous potion. as in the previous film, Sing a Song of Six Pants, The Stooges run their own establishment.